Old 01-07-09, 10:27 PM
dl33

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've tried it up at Northstar a few years back, seemed okay but it was my first and only time.

Not cross country, but just wanted to vent and say Sierra at Tahoe resort is NOT kids friendly. Last weekend, a lift operator basically told us not to come on his lift, because we (me/daughter and wife/son) could not get to the lift load point fast enough. Pointed to a sign saying lifts does not slow and told us to go the EZ chairs. I can understand no one wants the lifts to slow but at most ski resorts the lift operators would usually help pull the kids up or something. But this one wanted no part of it. Came down again, and he seemed p.o. that he had to hit the button to slow the lift, again suggested to us to go somewhere else and to get polls for the kids. Had a small exchange with him and went our way. Kind of irked me but since we were on vacation I didn't want to make a big deal of it. Just avoided that area for the time. My kids can ski basically all the green and blue runs, so there skill level is good, they just couldn't shuffle up to the lift fast enough.

Still couldn't believe my ears afterwards, complained at guess service later but don't think the lady did anything and afterwards I sent in an email complaint on there website. But to no surprise, never got a response.