Old 01-08-09, 12:21 AM
BottleRocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is a great idea! It would be fun to see peoples progress (regress?) and would be a good motivator (at least for me).
Originally Posted by MattSarna View Post
Mt. Tam HC road race: 41':15" in 1986, the year Engleman rode it in 39':20". The record has since been broken by _______ _______ (?) a Webcor rider, in the past couple years.
Great to have you here Matt. Iíd love to go climbing with you one of these days..........on one of your easy days............

For Mt.Tam, what about using Fairfax-Bolinas Rd. To the Rock Springs parking lot. Itís the same route as the Mt. Tam Hill Climb without the flat section from Stinson. The cattle guard at the intersection of Fairfax-Bolinas Rd and Hwy.1 could be the starting point and the finish could be either Rock Springs or the East Peak. The record (from Stinson Beach) was set by Justin England in 2004 with 37:26. So from the cattle guard to Rock Springs he did it around 30:00 minutes or so. I think my best so far for that section is around 41:00. Iíll be happy to get it down around 36 ish sometime in the next year.

For San Bruno Mtn., a logical route would be the eastern side starting at the intersection of N. Hill Dr. and up Guadalupe Canyon, right turn through the park entrance parking lot (no gate jumping on the other side of the road!), under the road, up Radio Rd. to that strip of metal in the pavement at the top. My PB for this one is 19:20 which I did last week at the SBHC. (down from around 23:00 at the beginning of Dec.). My goal is to get it down around 17:00 by next year.