Old 01-09-09, 08:48 AM
NOS88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Question:

What happens for those of us with "differently shaped" bodies?....

Curious as to your response, if you have any insight.
Well, you are actually just about the same size as I am. 5'10" with a pants inseam of 30 inches. I'm far from the right person to answer this question, but I'll give you my thoughts.

The system takes no body measurements in the traditional sense. Rather it is simply interested in relationships as determined primarily by various key angles. I've attached an image scan from my fitting below to try and show this. (Sorry the image is not better).

Specifically, they are interested in:

The knee angle at the top and bottom of your stroke.
How far fore or aft of the ball of your foot the knee is at the 3 o'clock position.
The angle of your ankle in relationship to your fibula.
The amount of vertical travel in your hips as you pedal.
The lateral movement in your knee as you pedal.
The height of your wrist when in your typical riding position in relation to the height of your hip.
The distance from your hip to your wrist when in typical riding position.
The angle of your back in relation to a horizontal plane.
The angle between your chest and humerus bone in your upper arm (armpit angle).
The angle of your elbow in relation to your shoulder and wrist.
The angle of your forearm relative to a horizontal plane.
The shoulder/foot/hip angle which is created if you draw a line between specific location on the shoulder hip and foot.

Given all of these measurements, the frame size is important. But the stem length/angle, seat height and fore/aft adjustments/tilt, crank arm length, are equally important. From what I understand if you are considerably misplaced on the wrong sized frame, it will not be possible to get a correct fit via any amount of adjustment to the aforementioned parts. Hence, in my case the ideal size frame for me is a 55cm (center to center measurements across a horizontal top plane), however, I can also ride a 54 or 56 cm with the correct adjustments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Retul fitting chart.jpg (97.3 KB, 38 views)