zeytoun
Non-Custom Member

Bikes: 1975-1980 SR road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelS
Thank you (of course we are now on the FBI data base as anti American for even thinking the any government agency could be anything but perfect as long as they are protecting us from fantasy terrorists ).
It happens....

Right after 9/11 (I was living in NYC), me and all my Arab friends suddenly had Verizon vans parked on the corners by our respective apartments for unexplained extended periods of time (there were 3 parked out near my apartment for a couple weeks...), while we heard mysterious clicks and breathing on our phones...

Of course, none of us were involved in any political activism, or dangerous CM plotting. But it was all for our safety right? (Heck maybe we weren't being surveilled, but it was suspicious. And the FBI was active in the neighborhood. They raided a mosque for terrorist ties about a month later, while I was having coffee right outside...)

Ever see the movie The Lives of Others? After the demise of communist East Germany, many people were shocked to find out the government had been spying on them for years, and that they had extensive files about them. I sometimes wonder if we'll experience something similar ourselves.