Old 01-11-09, 09:14 PM
akansaskid
Freddin' it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I enjoy a rack for the same reasons you mentioned. I just mounted a seatpost rack yesterday on my new Specialized Roubaix. After reading of crushed CF seatposts searching BF, I replaced the carbon fiber seatpost with a Ritchey Comp aluminum post. Couldn't really feel any difference in weight just hefting them. Seatpost racks sit too high for aesthetics, but my bag is low enough to keep the whole thing level with the seat. Much prefer a rack with "legs", but the Roubaix has no eyelets, and I'm not clamping any adapters to the CF chainstays. All in all, it works like I want it to, even if it isn't a classic look. Much cheaper than the large bags, and instantly available for the instant gratification crowd. Years ago, everyone made a nice nylon or Cordura under-the-seat bag that was maybe 10" wide or so. Seems like one could be made and marketed for $45-50 easily by Eclipse, or such companies. Hard to believe the demand isn't there. But I guess it's not. Ricky Racer is happy with his wedge, and there's not enough of the rest of us, it seems.