View Single Post
Old 01-13-09, 12:55 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by JoelS
Neil, you read too much into my post. I'm not judging anyone. I'm relating what worked for me, and something that I found that applies to a lot of folks (the wanting part). If you don't want something, you aren't going to work for it. If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way. There are obviously exceptions.

I also understand that some folks want to be overweight, and are happy with where they are and who they are.

But there are others that I've met that say they are trying to lose weight, but they aren't doing anything to do so. No changes in diet, no increases in exercise. No effort or commitment to make it happen. It's like they think that the weight will come off on its own. That doesn't happen, as you well know.

The other danger is complacency.
"On reading some of the posts on this forum, I question whether some of you have the commitment required, have the want required."

Sounds judgmental to me. I don't recall ever reading such words from either Tom Stormcrowe or Bdinger. Both gentlemen have lost twice what I have - and four times your 60 pounds.

And yes, there are people here who probably aren't doing enough to lose weight. Unlike you, I don't feel the need to post about it unless they bring up the subject and solicit opinions.