Thread: Roof Racks
View Single Post
Old 01-02-05, 04:17 PM
bentbaggerlen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I drive a brick, with a little crippled hamster for an engine. (Scion XB, 86 hp at the wheels ) Putting the roof rack on it had no noticeable effect on fuel consumption. The rack sits about 3 1/2" over the roof and is out of the air stream flowing over the roof. Overall I'm getting about 32 mpg. But if I put the bikes on the rack the mileage drops to about 30 mpg. The mileage will drop even more if I don't remove the seats (recumbent) that and nothing is as gross as a seat covered with dead bugs.

Performance Bike dose not make the Export rack system, it is made for them by one of the larger rack makers (take a close look at it) Check to see if they have a clip set to fit your car. Between Thule and Yakama you can get a rack to fit just about any car. What car are you trying to fit a rack to?
"When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking." - Arthur Conan Doyle