Old 01-14-09, 09:17 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Where I live, folders aren't that common, so naturally, I smile whenever I do see one One time, about 3 months ago, while riding on a local paved bike trail, a young couple were going in the opposite direction. The male was on a full size mountain bike, and the female was riding what could have been either a Dahon Boardwalk 6, or a Speed D-7. They had stopped, and I turned around, and chatted with them for about a minute. They thought that for some reason, my Qile Duo folder was a Bikefriday. The conversation was enjoyable but too short.

It would definitely be a lot of fun to spend more time to "talk shop" with another folding bike rider. It does bring a sense of camaraderie.

Regards,
Edward

Originally Posted by InfiniteRegress
I was waiting to get on the Metro elevator this afternoon when a guy getting off the elevator was carrying a red Dahon folder (I have the mango-colored speed pro TT). We sort of looked at one another and laughed a bit. It made me so happy to see someone else with a folding bike! Am I the only one who feels this way?