View Single Post
Old 01-14-09, 03:30 PM
SeizeTech

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hi Raevyn, up until this morning, I hadn't really thought of this being a bigger project that others get involved in too. I kinda had it in mind that I would build something for myself, and hopefully others would do the same.....ideally on the same trails that I ride ( grin)

But the sponsorshop idea could be a good one. Perhaps something as simple as a safety vest with the power in motion logo on it. or a free shovel after I've worn out the first shovel, etc.

Anything too expensive sort of breaks away from the spirit that we are all in this sport together. Even a really expensive plow design get to be complicated because everyone involved will want to claim ownership of the plow.

For example, if I was to fix up my ATV, the ATV and all accessories would be best paid for and owned by me. But, it certainly would be cool if someone would donate some fuel while I'm donating time. ( keeping in mind that ATVs are notoriously cheap on gas, 5 gallons goes all day)

the most important thing a business or organization could do for an ATV is put some political pressure on the city to make sure I can get a permit to use it on the trails in the same manner as a bobcat or lawntractor.