Old 01-15-09, 01:14 PM
Bacana
Don we now our

Bikes: Felt F1X & Giant TCR Composite 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First time up San Bruno Mountain. 46 MPH on the way down!

I was trying to compare my times with the race times I saw posted, but I think I went up the wrong side of the hill. I started at Orange St and climbed up to the towers. Total time was just about 30". Wasn't all that easy, but it was entirely doable, and I was able to function for the rest of the day. I like the way the ride goes--the easy slope up the hill is a nice warm-up for the steeper grades nearer the top.

At the end, I was too tired to stand and mash, so I sat and mashed. I have a 34/25, which for me doesn't allow me to spin. But I didn't zigzag or anything like that (too dangerous).

But man, coming down--whoa! I hit 46 MPH, just coasting! The bike felt smooth and solid, but man, I just kept thinking, What if I went down at this speed?? And I hit the brakes, slowing to a more reasonable 30 to 35 MPH, which would still do some serious damage.

I'm mostly posting for two reasons--first, nobody at work seemed to care. Is this normal? Second, just to get to know you folks better; I've actually met a couple of you in person sorta by accident (buying stuff offa Craigslist), which is really cool. Both people mentioned Pete!

Last edited by Bacana; 01-15-09 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Typo! Grrrr...