Old 01-15-09, 04:41 PM
gr23932
Si se Puede!!!....Ahuevo!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jan nikolajsen
This one is borderline vintage. Seller said 1992, which is supported by a serial # ending in 92. The frame, labeled Gold Line Racing, appears to be basically new. No scratches, no chain whips, nothing. The components are mostly 74xx Dura-Ace, and run the gamut from mint to worn out. Included was a bike computer reading nearly 10000 km on the odometer.

The seller, which is a well known European bike author, claimed it was custom built of Reynolds 753 for a PDM team mechanic, but the frame has no tubing decals. So an interesting mind game to figure it all out, but likely never will.

It is the youngest bike in my growing stable. I wanted to see what deep-V rims, dual pivot brakes and brifters are all about, so when I saw this Gazelle for a reasonable price I jumped on it. Carbon next?

The ride is interesting. It is amazing how they are all so different. This one has the shortest most compact rear triangle of any of my bikes, but also the longest toptube, 60cm. The result is a fast and swift accelerator that climbs effortlessly, but with a soft and wobbly front end. I haven't done any high speed descents on it yet, but I'm not sure if I look forward to it. Can barely ride it hands free without crashing! The wheel base is still a short 100cm.

Some efforts at finding out more about this model have been mostly unsuccessful. Any input?

You'll soon have two Gazelles.