View Single Post
Old 06-12-02, 08:42 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can tweek you bike in a variety of ways. You can slide the seat forward and back on the rails usually about 2" range. Of course you can adjust the height.

Stems come in different lengths and angles(height) so you can move the handlebars out and up or whatever.

You can choose between a flat handlebar (used commonly on race bikes or older bikes) or switch to a riser bar (1", 1.5" or 2" rise bars are common. That'll put you in a more upright position.

You can change the cranks out for longer or shorter ones depending on you inseam length or the type of riding you do. (i.e. downhillers and slalom riders use shorter cranks for clearance issues, XC guys use longer cranks for better levereage!)

Those are about all I can think of at the moment!

BTW, I'm 6'0" and I have 2 bikes, my XC bike is a large and my "play" bike is a small. It's all a matter of what you like and if you're comfortable on it!

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger