Beaker
moth -----> flame

Bikes: 11 CAAD 10-4, 07 Specialized Roubaix Comp, 98 Peugeot Horizon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ROJA View Post
Sounds like a great ride, guys! Sorry we couldn't joined (had the Diablo plan for a couple of weeks now). We had a great ride to Diablo- right about 60 miles RT and 4800 feet of climbing. The weather was perfect and Richard and I took turns dueling a charming guy visiting from Italy (riding a Colnago, of course). Each time we passed him, he would make a valiant charge to jump in front of us, but we left him behind for good near the ranger station. Or so we thought! He eventually caught me on the wall, where we charged up together and finished with a gentlemen's tie. I told him about BikeForums and he is looking forward to riding with us when he comes back in February! Based on his interests, I think he and Pete would be fast friends!
Too bad we had a ride clash, but it was a superb day for the ride to Diablo. It was swarming with riders as always but with very little car traffic. I managed to experience my first "mini-bonk" half way up summit: my energy just dropped out the soles of my feet, I flicked to my littlest gear and just had focus in keeping the pedals turning. Made it up summit wall, but a grind. Entirely my fault - not drinking or eating enough on the way to the climb, and of course my rash decision to wear my Hammer Nutrition jersey of course. Still that awesome descent and a much needed *bux refill in Danville saw me home.

Your pictures look great and Jane Doe - hilarious. I had a sense that she wasn't quite sure that she was in the right place when we were hanging at Orinda BART.