View Single Post
Old 01-20-09, 01:27 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount, 1982-ish Ron Cooper,1978 Eisentraut "A," mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 1961 Bianchi Competizione (an Eroica bike), 1994 Trek 520, 199? Burley Bossa Nova, early-1970s Cinelli Speciale Corsa (also an Eroica bike)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Jeez, who was that posseur in the Brooklyn jersey? You've got pics of him: shaking Jane Doe's hand, which clearly has her worried for her safety and well being; hanging around the BART station at the start; and barfing up a lung at the top of Shasta. But he is nowhere to be seen on any of the climbs or action shots. So who was that cluck?

On, that's right - twas I. I was in my usual climbing form, meaning slooooooooow. How slow? While everyone else went all the way along Griz Peak and Skyline to Redwood and over the south side of Pinehurst, I dipped down the north side of Pinehurst and got to the intersection of Canyon Road maybe three minutes ahead of the group.

But it was a bee-yoo-tee-full day, and the company was great for the three and a half minutes I got to enjoy it. Running into Beaker and Roja at Orinda BART was an added treat.

Thanks, Cliff. It was a great day out.