View Single Post
Old 01-23-09, 06:45 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Wow, some of you guys are really tall! I hate trying to find shirts at my height. Maybe I have a long torso but XXL shirts won't stay tucked too long. I can't image a 6'6 or 6'9 dude!
At 6'6" I can still find some decent off the rack clothes that don't need too much tailoring. The difficulty is finding things that accomodate a 48 1/2" chest without a corresponding 55" waist. Clothiers assume that if you're tall and have my chest measurement that you're also packing a sizeable belly, not that you used to be a powerlifter; so I get most of my shirts taken in at the waist (although, not as much as I'd like to get them taken in)
Dress trousers are easy, since the only measurement is the waist, and they're hemmed to fit at the cuffs (Men's Wearhouse, in case you're wondering.) Jeans and department store off-the-rack is tougher. Not a whole lot of options with a 37" inseam. Usually I go with a 36 and they're OK. Most 38s I need to cuff up a little bit, but I've found some that were OK. The big problem is finding a pair in that length that aren't 52" at the waist.
It's the typical issue with Big & Tall shops. It should be Big and/or Tall. Not all of us are extremes of both.

I'm sure that my difficulties are nothing compared to Mazama, who's got an additional 6" on my height.