View Single Post
Old 01-24-09, 04:29 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Don't own a trainer and have no wish to get one either- but occasionally I get down the gym for spinning sessions. Takes about 4 weeks before I get into the swing of a lot of effort going no-where and even then I am not sure that it does me any good. I may get sore legs and the cardio vascular works overtime but as to whether it does me any good in comparison to a good gym work out or a couple of hours on the bike- I reserve my judgement.

But one thing I do know from my "Normal" training program-- I cannot do much on consecutive days and get away with it. Long hard ride on a Sunday and I cannot ride again till tuesday. Then I can go for a 20 miler at speed or up some stiff hills- but once again I have to have a day off before I exert myself again.

I know its only a trainer- and I know it does not give you as hard a workout as a good ride- but perhaps you need recovery time from each workout.

Or perhaps you need to put more effort into that training session to remind the body to only do it every other day.

Spike Milligan