Old 01-24-09, 04:34 PM
Eire Mick

Bikes: 2010 Felt TK3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ddac
Eire, what was your problem with the BB? I'm getting MKS GR-9s as well. Post up a pic of your SST! How much did the Deep Vs run you? Can you have deep Vs if you're running a brake?
I'm cameraless for now, but I'll get a pic up soon. Well, after a long ride (50mi) with some gnarly declines (I run brake less fixed, so it's all skip/skid stops) I noticed my chain was SUPER tight. Wasn't sure why, so I went to the shop to talk about it. Thought it was the force of the stopping pulling the rear wheel back on the drop outs, but the guy said that was unlikely. Then he said I may have bent my chainring, which was also very unlikely. Then, after playing around with the chain tension for a while, the chain was still binding. Then I finally noticed that my BB was actually loose and was causing the binding. All it took was some tightening, adjusting the chain tension, and now I'm good to go. I guess it's good to check that every once in a while, but I'll prolly upgrade the BB soon anyways, as I'll be upgrading the crank set to Sug Messengers next week.