Old 01-26-09, 12:54 AM
FlowerBlossom
My tank takes chocolate.

Bikes: Trek 600 series touring bike, Trek 800 hybrid, Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I rode this summer on a bike with STI with a handlebar bag w/o noodles and it works. It would have been nice to have the noodles, though. I had an Arkel handlebar bag, not the Ortlieb.

I love the packers. I've had a pair of rear packers for 5 years and I use them almost every day (commuting) and they still work great, the reflective triangle is still very bright. My rear panniers are all-black. I have seen other bicyclists riding with the all-black packers when I was driving at night in the rain, and, they were wonderfully-visible with that triangular patch, and thus I am comfortable others see me (but still use a blinkie in the rear and the side).

I won't buy the rollers. In part, I prefer design of the hood of the packers, but also I am pretty sure that the rollers are still made with PVC---an environmental nightmare of the dioxin type--google it (PVC) for more information.

Finally, as for space, my over-packing abilities should not be taken lightly; I can over-pack and still get the hood on.