View Single Post
Old 01-26-09, 12:38 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount, 1982-ish Ron Cooper,1978 Eisentraut "A," mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 1961 Bianchi Competizione (an Eroica bike), 1994 Trek 520, 199? Burley Bossa Nova, early-1970s Cinelli Speciale Corsa (also an Eroica bike)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
The only potentially dodgy traffic will be getting from the BART station to Foothill Road in Pleasanton and the last part of Tassajara Road to the BART station. Heading out from BART shouldn't be too bad because it'll still be relatively early morning. Coming back in will be worse because the shoppers will be out and you will have to navigate a major shopping area. The roads should be wide and with more than adequate shoulders - just be aware of right hooks and other such Stupid Car Tricks.

The rest looks to me to be anywhere from light to virtually non-existent, traffic-wise (unless Altamont has gotten worse in recent years).

Don't forget - west on Altamont = headwinds. Generally speaking, the later in the day, the worse the winds. On the other hand, east on Altamont = faaaaast, even without the headwinds.

As for you folks who want to do the loop clockwise (Flynn and Altamont first, Patterson Pass second) do you reallywant to deal with the Mother of All False Summits on the east side of Patterson?

Regardless of which way you guys do it, the is no way in God's green Earth that you can get me out for that ride this early in the season with that fast a group. But it should be very pretty out, if the weather cooperates. Have a great ride.