View Single Post
Old 01-26-09, 04:37 PM
redspoke

Bikes: Hyphy-Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had another weekday off and Jr. didn't want to hang out with me anymore after doing so on Thursday and all weekend.

So I shipped him off to daycare so he could play with his gang.

Once it got above freezing (about 930) I loaded the Tokyo up for a ride. I want to give her a name but all I can think of is "Ichiban" and really my Trek will always be my "number one". What's "number two"? Nahh! Forget it.

Rode into Sacramento to meet up with the ARBT somewhere. I'm riding down H street when I get my first flat on the new ride... Those MONDO specialized tires suck. Ridiculously soft is an understatement. It just swallowed a 1" nail whole... So I put a new tube in and one of my riding buddies walks by (he's a mail carrier) so we chat a bit about the new bike and STP, yada yada. Got back on and met up with the trail at Sac State and rode with the intention of going to Sunrise. By the time I got to William Pond park (pics below) I was ready to turn back.

Absolutely beautiful when I stopped on the bridge. Nice crisp breeze and abundant sunshine. Lots of people out riding. Hammered home at top speed and I have no idea how far I went because I don't have a 'puter on it but it was somewhere around 40-50mi. Great day. Time to pick up the kiddos and get out of costume and into character...

Here she is with the new bars and levers... Oh, and gold plated bottle cage. It just needs a subwoofer.