View Single Post
Old 01-26-09, 08:49 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount, 1982-ish Ron Cooper,1978 Eisentraut "A," mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsa, 1961 Bianchi Competizione (an Eroica bike), 1994 Trek 520, 199? Burley Bossa Nova, early-1970s Cinelli Speciale Corsa (also an Eroica bike)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by spingineer View Post
Oh come on!!!! Who is going to care for all the road kill on the road?
I guess the dead things are just going to have to stew in their own juices this time.

Hey, I just took a closer look at the route. You need to make a couple small changes to the route.

First and most important: do NOT ride on Vasco Road. There is a much safer, less trafficked way to go.

After you come down Flynn Road and have turned onto Greenville, go under the freeway and immediately left onto Altamont/Northfront, as your route says. Take the 2nd right onto Herman Ave. Then take the 3rd left onto Scenic Ave. Go straight across Vasco (there's a traffic light and a Starbucks on the other side of it). Take the 3rd right onto Broadmoor Street. Broadmoor ends at Dalton. Turn left and you are back on your mapped route. Trust me, this is better and pretty much zero change in overall distance.

Second: You do not have to cross the 580 freeway to get back to the BART station at the end of the ride. Instead of turning left at Hacienda and dealing with freeway on- and off-ramps, stay straight on Dublin Blvd. There will be a BART entrance a half mile or so ahead on the left.