Old 06-14-02, 10:49 AM
riderx
BFSSFG old timer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally posted by FrugalBiker
there just doesn't seem to be much of a cycling presence here in suburban Maryland (not many bike supplies in the stores, either), so I've had to rely on the opinions and reviews of people on the internet for my few bike purchases.
??? Where in suburban MD are you? there's quite a bit of cycling presence here, you just may not be familiar w/ it.

As far as getting flats goes, usually the tire slowly loses air, there is rarely some big explosion. I ride through all sorts of stuff on the roads and trails and hardly ever get flats and I don't take any special precautions. If you are worried though, just get a pair of the tire liners. Carry a small seat bag w/ a patch kit, spare tube and tire levers. Strap a pump on the frame. Small, light weight investments that will give you piece of mind. I also would recommend carrying a small set of allen wrenches and a chainbreaker(or a multi-tool). With these few things, you will be prepared for almost any problem that will arise. It will keep you pedaling the bike instead of walking.