Old 01-27-09, 08:33 AM
Gyeswho
Utilitarian Boy

Bikes: Check the sig to find out

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Before selling them, I rodde mine for a year and a half. Great wheels I thought. They weren't heavy to me (even though they were heavy in comparision by a long shot, but I think a lot of the complaints about them being heavy come from riders who are much lighter than me where it will be a bit more noticeable - I'm 190lbs) because I thought of them as good weight training and they were very durable. I didn't do tricks on them I rode them in all weather except when it became really cold (you risk cracking them that way). I did a century tour with them and many rough road rides. There was a time I hat a huge pot hole and I thought the rear wheel was cracked. I checked it out and not even a slight wobble. I liked them for looks, butit was my shared goal in getting them foras durability as well, which I feel they were.

When I switched out the wheels for a newly built set, I immediately understood why many were saying they were flexy...they really are! I thought I had a new bike when I put spoked wheels on. The handling and overall feel of the bike stiffened up. I still like the way they look, but for performance I'd say look elsewhere. I bought them before there was this crazy price jump, but I wouldn't buy them again at the current market.

Here they were on a few bikes (along with their stages) I had (* I only had one pair, I would just switch them between bikes)

Last edited by Gyeswho; 01-27-09 at 08:36 AM.