Be Ready
Fight the good fight

Bikes: Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The right bike for male 6'3 197lbs is?

First of all, thank you Catatonic for the referal to Kona brand bike. I found a local store that is dealing them -they only have one left. I asked about the "Kona Smoke" They said they will stop selling them this year. Good bike, but they are low on space.

Their website also had a picture of the Raleigh SC40. My husband tried that bike last year and he look good on it!

The bike guy told me that whatever bike I choose, because hubby is a heavy guy, he suggests that I improve the wheel by installing triple wall rims and 3 chambers. Whatever that means. I guess it's heavier spokes.

The cost would be around -say an extra 175.00

He also says that no matter which bike I choose, the frame is going to take a beating and give because of stress from his weight.

Well, I trust what this guy was saying. Yet, I still feel like I need to inquire more about what's out there and recommended for heavier bikers. Your comments are welcome. Since he is heavy and the streets here in Cleve. OH are rough, I am approaching this with caution. His birthday is 1/21. I could use all the help I could get -working with a low budget.