View Single Post
Old 01-29-09, 12:09 PM
monkistan

Bikes: 1996 Bianchi San Remo (not original parts)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't Decide What to Do

I started biking again last spring. I had an old bike that was a little too small, and the more I rode it the more I realized that. I ended up buying a larger bike frame, and learning how to build up a bike myself.

The frame I got was a 1987 Schwinn Tempo (the teal and white one). I built it up and rode it for a few months. I love how it rode. The problem was, it was a little too big for me. Well, it was like an inch or so too big and I started having pain in places like my back, and also my rear. So I bought a 1996 Bianchi San Remo touring frame. It's 19", the schwinn was 21". The san remo is much more comfortable to ride and feels great. It's just not as fun a ride as the schwinn was. The shwinn felt a bit lighter, and seemed to be more responsive.

I don't do any touring, or crazy riding or anything. I just use the bike as my primary mode of transportation. I love the new one, but it just has always felt a little less good/fun than the old one.

I just saw a 1988 Schwinn Tempo on ebay that's 19" and I'm wondering whether it's worth buying. I know that the Bianchi was a more expensive bike (when it was originally built), and mightb e made out of better steel, but I kinda just liked the schwinn. I'm wondering whether I should sell the Bianchi, and buy the schwinn knowing that I don't need such an expensive frame and I liked how it rode. Also I'm wondering if the schwinn rode and handled better b/c it had a longer wheelbase, and if the ebay schwinn won't ride as well.

and to the people who think I should have both, sadly I don't have that kind of money, or space.

Thanks for all of your help.