View Single Post
Old 01-31-09, 07:58 PM
seanmdo

Bikes: CAAD9, Specialized Transition, Van Dessel Drag Strip Courage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Merlin... I was there too. I was about 8 back on the outside but the crash in the final corner happened right next to me and I ended up going mountain biking in behind the trucks on the left side. I had the benefit of knowing who the guys where on the G2 health team, and the guy who got second is a strong sprinter from down here in the Miami/Ft. Laud. area (and he was about 11th out of the turn. Anyway, I would say pon that course and in those conditions you were too far up, but hey, better then me in the end!

In case you saw my other off-road escapade today (in the second corner with all the dirt/sand. Had my wheels almost slide out from under me and had to ride in the rough stuff and chase the group to get back on. I ended up where I wanted to be for the sprint and I hate driving that far for such a crappy result, but I'd rather end the race upright. Oh well, I'm skipping the RR tomorrow and racing in So. Fla. so I don't have to miss the Superbowl. Good luck if you are doing it, and if it gets to a bunch sprint, watch the G2 guy on the BMC Pro Machine. He's a nice guy and a nice wheel to be on. Hopefully, if you are on his wheel, you can get around him!