Pi}{ie
Light-Weight by Design

Bikes: TCR Carbon Limited

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Being an Athlete is All in the Heart

I went to my doctor today and when I needed encouragement most due to having difficulty with training due to chronic issues going down hill I got the nicest words from my doctor:

"You're heart beat is strong and slow. You have the heart of an athlete who trains hard."

Now this may not mean much to many of you to hear those words, but when you train through pain, drug to get through races, deal with chronic joint inflamation every day and do something many in your condition would never consider it feels good to hear that. I already know that the fact that I remain active keeps me more flexible and slows the progression, however to hear that I've reached a point where I'm not just exercising for pleasure but my body is a well oiled performance machine is nice. Its nice to be supported even though you're slower on many days than those that surround you. Its not the speed, or the watts that count, its whats in your heart that matters, and the beat of your heart doesnt lie. Beat by beat, pedal by pedal, step by step together you strive.

I just wanted to share this for anyone who struggles due to weight, physical ailment, disability etc. Your speed doesnt matter its your perserverance and love of the sport that does. Only you can win or defeat your obstacles to become the best athlete you can be.