Light-Weight by Design

Bikes: TCR Carbon Limited

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cedricbosch View Post
Wait, what?
Dont worry its nothing illegal. My dr when I had many issues last fall getting through training and I came in quite upset(almost cried I was so upet) sat me down and talked to me. I was ready to quit the 109 and ride a metric century. He found out I wasnt medicating except in severe pain situations or in flare modes. He immediatly gave me a 6 month refill on Ibu 600's and upped the number I could take. Told me to hydrate out the wazoo for every ounce someone else drank I was to drink atleast 2. He then told me I was never to participate in an event or train again without NSAID drugs. He told me he could never complete 100 miles on a bike, but that I could. He told me I wasnt battling miles I was battling my disease at that point. He even told me that if the Ibu with a lactic acid blocker didnt work to immediatly call me because he'd change the medication and find me something that allowed me to do the race. He's a good doctor, many would have told me it was time to quit with the progression of my disease. Today he actually encouraged me to do the triathlon something I didnt expect.