View Single Post
Old 02-06-09, 09:55 AM
wfrogge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For years I have followed a workout schedule that was ridged (must workout on tues, wed, thurs, sat, and sun) but found that real life would happen and I would miss workouts costing me TSS points for the week *thats a joke BTW *. If I couldnt do the workout planned (lack of time, raining outside, etc) I would just scrap the day.

Starting this past fall I changed my weekly organization of workouts to where I would set a goal to work out everyday regardless of what was going on with my real life with a max set of hours for the week (like 14). As an example if today was set as a 2x20 FTP interval day but I didnt have a free hour for the workout I would fall back to a plan B (or C, or D). Might mean I do plyometrics for 15 minutes instead. Maybe I could do a 20 minute trainer session as hard as I can go...... Just anything to keep the aerobic engine going and give benifit to my cycling. About 1/2 way thorugh the week I take a look at my "banked" training hours. If im on or above target I take a day off to handle personal stuff.

For December I got in 48 training hours for the month; previous December I did around 15 less. Its working out very well for me.

Far as rest weeks go I dont take them..... I balance easy and hard workouts every week and find that works pretty well. Now I might back off a little during the summer leading up to a big race but thats about it.

Last edited by wfrogge; 02-06-09 at 09:58 AM.