View Single Post
Old 02-08-09, 03:00 PM
TrekJapan
Each Drop of Sweat Counts

Bikes: Trek FX2, Trek Verve 3, Dahon Launch D8, Dahon Jetstream XP, Dahon Speed P8, Dahon Speed TR, Dahon Speed TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 4 Posts
I think you're answering your own question. If they aren't comfortable to you and they are a problem put the regular platform pedals on.

I have a number of bikes and only two of them have clipless pedals on them. One road bike and one mountain bike. The other more or less errand bikes have platforms. There are MANY times I want to ride a bike wearing a certain kind of clothing (i.e. Dockers) and not have some goofy looking clipless shoes on. I need to get off the bike and go to work or go in the store or whatever. And I need to do this spontaneously. I don't always have time to plan it all out and I'm not buying a hundred pairs of shoes.

If I just pedal from point A to B for transportation I don't care about being clipped in. Now when I'm hammering out a 2 hour road ride for max exercise, that's different.

When I'm trying to climb that muddy, steep hill on my mountain bike, that's different.

Be safe and secure. You're not a lesser rider for doing it your way or your style.

John