devildogmech
YAT-YAS

Bikes: Old Green

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, wait.....

On these boards, people are usually "screaming" for the right to "take the lane" and to be considered a vehicle just the same as a car. This knucklehead was NOT taking the lane, riding like a bike ninja and was probably endangering pedestrians by riding on the sidewalk..... Sidewalks are for WALKING, right?

Is it bogus that he was arrested for this? Yep.... but if you don't do stupid/ illegal stuff, you shouldn't have a problem. I bet if that had been me (A very clean cut, well spoken white type person) I doubt I would have gotten anymore than a "get off the sidewalk!" from the cops.... The cops probably had a feeling about this guy (seems they were right) and used the law to their advantage..... I don't see the problem.

JMHO
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein