View Single Post
Old 02-16-09, 05:17 PM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 5,512 Times in 2,855 Posts
Originally Posted by mattmonger
Marathon Supremes are apparently so high tech that they don't need anything on the sidewall except "MARATHON SUPREME" in huge letters. There's nothing as far as size or pressure.
My rims are 15mm. I stopped be the LBS on the way home today and compared a few other bikes with 700x32's on. I guess they aren't as skinny as I thought, but they seem a heck of a lot skinnier than the stock 700x35 cross tires I ran previously.
I installed an identical set of 700x32 Marathon Supremes a few months ago
They say 32-622 in the space between the rim and the reflective sidewall on one side of the tire.

Incidentally, I did buy a pair of 700-28 Gatorskins a year ago, that had tags saying 700-28 on both. After I had them mounted, something looked wrong. Close examination of the sidewalls revealed one was really a 23. So now I always check the sidewall, no matter what the tags and packaging say.

BTW Schwalbe is sneaky about the stamping indicating the country where it was manufactured. They put it right on the bead of the tire, so it is impossible to read once the tire is mounted.