View Single Post
Old 02-17-09, 09:16 AM
rufvelo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice bike, whether you post a pic or not, I think you'll do just fine. Unless the bike is very poorly matched in size to you; seat, seat post, stem, bar adjustments are sufficient for fitting a bike, especially a <$1000 bike. I only say this since, say if you were buying a $4000+ bike for example, then perhaps a professional fit first on a Serotta machine would be a must along with a try out period. It is true though that this stuff gets expensive (from a owner of 9 bikes ). Performance Bike will take good care of you though - fitting, gear/brake tuneup etc, and they must have given you a 30day trial?

Originally Posted by Cheidle1
Thanks, yeah, the guy did a sort of 'quick fit', and had me jump on it, pedal and whatnot before I bought. I went back to had all the adjustments done.
Yeah, it was actually performance bikes in Santa Monica. The guy who helped me was great, and they seem like they have pretty good customer service also, aside from being real busy and mabey a little understaffed. 10% store credit on everything you buy, and free adjustments for life, I definatly feel secure in buying from them.

Thanks for the post.