Old 02-17-09, 10:35 AM
PlatyPius
Arsehole

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by andrelam
Originally Posted by mkadam68 Don't get toddler seats. Get a trailer or a single rider attachment. If you crash with a seat, the toddler will get the worst of it. In a trailer or single rider, the toddler doesn't even notice you've gone down.

Sometime I do think Americans do tend to over react a little.... I spent a few weeks in Holland this past summer. You should have seen the number of people with not just kids on the back, but also on the front.

I do have to say that the low step-over hight of the newer European Unisex bikes makes this a much easier proposition. I've used a trailler before, but for one kid I could not believe how much drag it created. I've ridden tons with my daughter on the back. With the large plastic tub surrounding her she would have been reasonably well protected it we ever did go down.

Happy riding,
André
It's more a reaction to the general level of stupidity of the average American. How many times have I seen someone leave their kid in the child seat, flip down the kickstand, and walk off? Too many to count. Americans tend to be much more moronic and thoughtless than their European counterparts.

The front-mounted seat, however, I think would be fine.

The rear-mounted ones..... if it's not a step-through frame, I've also seen parents kick their kids in the head when they get off. Again, see my findings that most Americans are idiots.