Old 02-17-09, 11:34 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe View Post
It's interesting that they profiled two cyclists, and then mentioned two cyclists that have been killed. They're making a valid point, but I doubt that an article about driving cars to work would even mention that people sometimes got killed while driving their cars.

And "the roads were made for cars, not bikes" may be true, but that means the people who designed the roads need to try again because they are not meeting the needs that roads are supposed to meet, not that bikes should stay off them.
Yes, there were definitely mixed messages there, but I consider the source. The Freep in former times had to have been a bastion of support for the Detroit motor industry. Its surprising that there was anything at all.

The comments were almost more interesting though, One man said "Makin he shortie ride in winta be criminal". And they got into a quarrel on whether a stop sign with a white border around it means that it's a "rolling stop" sign.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.