In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie addict
"You do not truly own anything that you can not carry at a dead run."
Rowan experienced something like this on February 7th ....... and life became a whole lot "simpler" in terms of material things for both of us.

Originally Posted by Machka
In 2004, I packed, sold, tossed, and gave away all my stuff. I got rid of about half of what I owned then ... and I haven't really added to it (a few textbooks and a few articles of clothing).

My remaining stuff has been in storage since then.

And, over the next year, I will be working on getting rid of at least half of my remaining stuff. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it all, but I'll figure it out as I go.

Stuff can be very imprisoning, and although it can hurt to let stuff go, it is very freeing.

I've been going through my stuff and getting rid of it, but now that our life no longer includes a house, I will be reassessing what I decided to keep and will very likely be getting rid of more than I originally planned.

And for those who think that they cannot live a simple life if they have a woman in their lives ... I am a woman, and Rowan and I are aiming to live a very simple life together.

Last edited by Machka; 02-18-09 at 06:08 PM.