Old 02-19-09, 08:51 AM
ed 

Bikes: Hecklah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bikinfool
This is my xc bike, I run the Van36RC2 on on my Nomad, overkill on the Heckler; the Van32R is just fine, thanks. Do your eyes deceive you and see other than a DHX Coil on there now? The wheels are my own build (King hubs, Sapim db, Sun EQ27 rims), what does Gastro prefer to build for himself? I've never used Nevegals even in 26" and don't know why I should either, edjucamate me...In any case, not a much bigger diameter with the new wheels over my old ones running Fat Albert 2.4s...I'd show you but this forum doesn't seem to provide such an option...or do they hide that option here?
A Heckler can take a whole lot more abuse than you're aware of, I guess...a 36 is a great fork for it if you're going to be using it for that style of riding. There's a local boy who has been using his for light FR stuff for quite a long time now with a big 'ol fork and it's been a jewel. Regarding DHX...I just start rattling off my preferred build. I didn't even look to see what fork you're running...nor do I care. I'm just happy to see more support for the Heckler. As long as people are buying them, they'll keep making them, then when I can afford one...they'll still be in production for me.