Old 01-12-05, 02:32 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I may be wrong in this, as I have never been into Full suspension, but When the Trek "Y" bikes came out, they were not bad. I know Technology has changed a lot in the last 6 months, let alone the last 5 years, but for your first proper Mountain bike, I do not think you are going to be too disapointed. OK, it will not take the downhills that quality bike can take, and if you get a bit too confident, you might be eating a lot more mud than you would like, but compared to a"Wallmart" type bike, you are streets ahead.
As many of us have found out, it is not the bike you ride, but how you ride it and how you enjoy it.

I'll add a postscript here. In my group I have a rider and he is probably the fittest in our group. His current bike is a 22lb lightweight XC machine that I initially loaned him as he does not have much money, and he wrecked his old bike. His old bike? The cheapest, crappiest Bike I have ever seen, and that was a Full suspension Raleigh that was made for the Leisure Market. Point is he learnt a lot on this bike, and although he has superb fitness, his riding skills are not bad either.

Last edited by stapfam; 01-12-05 at 02:40 PM.