Old 02-21-09, 08:41 PM
tommyc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2009 Ute

I bought a 2009 Kona Ute about month ago and have been commuting on it every day. It's the most comfortable & practical bike I've ever owned. It does exactly what it's designed to do.

I did quite a bit of research and test riding before deciding on the Ute. I know there are a lot of Xtracycle fans out there and for good reason. I thought seriously about the Xtracycle and even test rode a friend's. However, if you plan to haul over a hundred pounds of cargo on a regular basis the xtracycle is probably a better fit. I was looking for an every day commuter, grocery getter, and kid carrier. The Ute has been everything I wanted!!!

My only disappointment with the Ute is that it comes with only one large cargo bag. Don't get my wrong, the large orange rainproof bag is great. I just thought there would be two. That being said, one bag vs two is not a deal breaker. You can order a second from Kona. Also, one bag can hold a lot of groceries!

I also read a lot of concern about the Ute only have one disc brake. I've found this to be a non issue. The Ute has responsive breaks and feels like you're riding a smaller bike. The only times I've noticed the length is on very sharp U-Turns, which are rare.

If you're thinking about a cargo bike, I'd recommend matching your bike to your needs. We are lucky to now have more than one choice in cargo bikes. If your needs are similiar to mine, I'd highly recommend checking out the Ute.