View Single Post
Old 02-23-09, 02:08 AM
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dirty tiger
I wear self tinting eyeglasses when I ride, they work very well as "sunglasses" most of the time.

Today I was riding on some county roads with several short, steep hils. My eyes started to really water up as I picked up speed on the descents.

I am looking for suggestions to prevent this. What do you four-eyed types do?

I am willing to wear dorky over-the-glasses type sun shades. I would even spring for a pair of precriptions cycling sunglasses (do they exist?)

FTR. Contacts and OTC cyling glasses are out of the question.
I ride with Bolle Parole cycling glasses with the RX adapter accessory. The glasses and adapter were around $90 and seeing that it was a "system" it came with multiple colored lenses including yellow, clear and rose, gunmetal, and brown. The expensive part were the the prescription lenses and the headache was finding an optical shop that would fit them to the adapter. The Sam's Club Optical who I used before on a similar task sat on them for a week before calling me to tell me that the couldn't do it . By luck I wound up at the local mall and found a Texas State Optical who could.