View Single Post
Old 01-13-05, 03:20 PM
vomitron
ya'll can't mush me

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a GT track pursuit bike. 24" front, 700c back. Steel. Here are some various thoughts (I need to take a new picture. I'll post something tonight):

24" wheels are a pain. I'm sitting in the school's computer lab because I have a flat on a tubular (and I left my tufo tire sealant at home). Finding 24" tubular stuff isn't impossible (you have a few choices, at relatively low prices), but clincher is harder I would say, as far as tires go. Road repair might be a little easier, but I wouldn't know (apply tubular tire sealant is easy, I just never remember to keep it with me).

The geometry on my ride is pretty aggressive, and though it's a pissload of fun to ride in traffic given its excellent handling and quick acceleration, it's not much of a distance rider. I'm toying with the idea of a stem with some rise, but my current Cinelli 1R+LA84 horns combo is really sweet.

All in all, it's a fantastic bike, and I love it more than I love some family members. It's really REALLY fast, and gets a lot of attention. In retrospect, you might strongly consider one with a 650c wheel, as wheels bits are exponentially more available.