Old 02-27-09, 01:21 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
I thought it would be fun if not get me more respect (and clearance from cagers) that I thought of possibly listing my from and to city names like this: Maynard/Newton and maybe change it for the ride home.
I just got back from the Digital Signage Expo in Vegas an hour ago. Sounds perfectly doable to me. I saw screens of all sizes and shapes from a little over 1"x1" that your wore as a button, to enormous signs maybe 5 stories high, that were so bright that you could read by them standing across the street. So I'm sure you could find a screen for your needs.

They also had form-factor computers to drive the display that were 4x3x1" and only 6.7 oz. So you could not only show where you are going but use your gps unit to tell drivers how far along the route you've gone. I bet you could even set up buttons with alternate messages like "I know I'm not a car", "Bicycles Belong", an animation of an erect finger or what ever you wanted. You could even sell ad space to local bike stores.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 02-27-09 at 01:26 AM.