View Single Post
Old 02-27-09, 04:43 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
When I had to get "Extra" fit for a ride- I went to the gym and did an hour of Cardio-vascular for an hour before going onto the weights. The idea was 6 different machines for 10 minutes each and each machine worked a different group of muscles. Started with the Recumbent for a warm up and that one did hurt. Started with HR at 100 and gradually raised it to 130 and then down to 120. then up to 140 and down again- then up to 150. This did take the whole 10 minutes and it did hurt. Your HR may be lowere initially but set the HR you want to get to.

Then the Rower and HR up to 140 again- just a bit below my aim for the Session.

Then the X Trainer and up to 150

Then the cycle and set on hills at a sensible level and HR to 160

Then it was the stepper and that does hurt and My max of 165.

Then back to the X Trainer and 5 minutes at 160 and then sprint for as long as possible.

Weight loss was good and Definitely take a towel and water.

Set your own machines and time between each exercise is a fast walk for recovery between each machine. It only took 3 months and Boy was I fit.

I can tell you it is hard. At first I was not fit and set the level at around 8 out of 20. This was raised by one level a week till I reached 16 and after that it was how I felt on each machine but never below 16. And it felt good doing the hills on the Cycle at level 18- when the fit youngsters round me were doing it around level 12.

3 months is long enough to get "Ultra-Fit" so see you on the 100 mile ride in June. And come to think of it- that was how long it took for me to get fit for my offroad 100 in 2003.

Spike Milligan