no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AEO
the ideal light mounting location is right above the wheel. I would skip the hub and handlebar mounted light and go for a helmet light and fork mounted light.

for the battery powered flashlights, which would you prefer? flashlights that use Ni-MH AA batteries or Li-I batteries? Ni-MH have lower capacity, but are cheaper and it's easy to find replacements at local stores. Li-I batteries come in multiple sizes like CR-123A and 18650 and most don't accept regular AA, C or D sizes

do you want a thrower/spot light, flood light or a combination of both?

my opinion, it's best to have one flood and throw mounted to the bike and have a light that falls in between for your helmet light.
Well based upon this feedback:

-Batteries. 18650, Li-Ion's. Cheaper than the CR-123A's (I think) and won't be mistaken by family members as AA's to be used in remotes. I hope.
-Lights. If only two, then I would think that either a flood or something with really good spill as the lower and a spot/thrower up high would make sense.

And as far as charging the batteries, I'm thinking that it would be nice to have a charger at home and another at work. Probably like 4 sets of batt's so that I would have one fully charged at either end.