Old 02-28-09, 08:00 PM
pipes
S E Michigan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rt1965
Thanks for the responses so far. One of the reasons I think the cushy saddle is not working is that with my weight still being a bit high, I am acutally causing the saddle to curve a little downwards on the sides, thereby losing support. Bontrager does make some nicer higher end firmer saddles. They also have a 90 day fit guarantee, so I might try something in their line first. Worst case scenario, I can return it and try something else. The Fizik's sound pretty good as well as the Brooks.
No your SMALL compared tomost of us guys on the clyde forum !! You have just not found a saddle YOU like yet . I started out on a really padded saddle and stil like the ones I have and I ride 30 to 50 miles everyday weather here in Michigan permitting . BUT your BUTT is going to experiance pain until you get it broke in and until YOU find a saddle YOU feel comfortable on . I started at 6ft tall and 371 lbs now down a 115 lbs so far since last fathers day !!! The saddles at my gym on there bikes are killing me right now but a man has to do what a man has to do .One more thing if your saddle now is curving under that lite a weight its junk toss it asap.... Good luck and keep peddling it only gets better