Old 03-01-09, 09:36 AM
Mr. Jim
Bike Nerd

Bikes: mid 80's Fuji Supreme (commuter), LeRun unicycle thingy Raleigh Centrurion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brookyates View Post
I am prepping for the ACA northern tier route and I had a stove question. I have never heard of a wood burning stove before this post. Can someone send me info, suggestions, opinions etc..

I have a whisper lite stove from MSR - pro - can find fuel anywhere - con - heavy and multiple parts

I was also looking into the Jet Boil, Pocket Rocket and Snow Peak - pro - small and light - con - must find specific fuel canisters and I am concerned about finding stores that will carry this type of canister (especially in the middle of the midwest).

Thanks!
Brook
I am unfamiliar with some of the other stoves so can't speak for them. I use this one.

http://www.zzstove.com/

Very efficient, it does use batteries, works something like a blacksmiths forge with forced air. With good dry fuel it will boil a qt of water faster than an MSR whisperlite. This is not their hype, a buddy and I tried it. Yes it does get your pot black, I have never cared about that, some people have an issue with that.