View Single Post
Old 03-01-09, 04:37 PM
magna99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actionbent or Trike-X are NOT heavy!

I have a Trice T and a QNT, they're high-dollar trikes which weigh 36 lbs give or take, before accessories. The ActionBent T1A (aluminum) weighs in at 38 lbs and is available on eBay for quite a bit under $1500 with free shipping, and is a fine trike, and a LOT less $$ than a Trice. The Actionbent T1 (chome-moly) is 4 lbs more, and identical in every other way.

If you would like a suspended trike (my recommendation), the Trike-X sold by RecumbentUSA (also on eBay) is also a nice machine, identical to the ActionBent T1X (currently not available) other than the mesh seat, and it weighs right at 40 lbs. These weights are pretty typical of most tadpole trikes unless you get into the very expensive carbon frames or high performance type setups. I have ridden both the T1X and the Trike-X, with both hardshell and mesh seats, and they're good-handling, fast and comfortable trikes. Do an eBay search on "recumbent trike".

Now if you wanna see heavy, take a look at Sun trikes! Some models are as heavy as 65 lbs....

Don't sell the Taiwanese trikes short....the only disadvantage to them is that you'll find it hard to find a dealer with them in stock, altho my local recumbent store carries them. If I had it to do over, I would definitely buy the ActionBent/RecunbentUSA trikes instead of spending the big $$ on the Trices, at least for a first-time purchase.

Dave