View Single Post
Old 03-03-09, 09:40 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by raybo
I've integrated my touring journals into my website at www.biketouringtips.com and would like to get some feedback about how it looks and works.

I would be interested in any comments you have, specifically those on how the journals are presented.

I've put up 3 of my own tour journals as examples. I have written all the code to allow anyone to add journals to the site but I wanted to wait on installing it until I got some feedback on how the ones already on there look.

Feel free to post your comments here, send me a PM, or use links on my site to send me email.

I really appreciate any time you might spend checking out these journals.

Thanks,

Ray

P.S. I apologize if there are any errors that I haven't found yet. I've tested these changes with the three browsers I have access to (Firefox, IE 7, Safari). The changes appear to work on these browsers. But, I know that IE6, which is still used by over 10% of the people visiting the site, is a real stickler and I have no way of testing with that browser (you can't use IE6 on systems with IE7 installed). I'm very interested in any problems that someone has, especially if you use IE6.
It looks like a very easy to use site. It's also more attractive-looking than some other relentlessly promoted bike journal sites. The absence of a dirty yellow background is very welcome.

When you open the site to other bike tourists and their journals, you aren't going to discourage people from mentioning their religion, are you? And will you respect the personal information of posters?