View Single Post
Old 03-03-09, 11:03 AM
Sawtooth
All Bikes All The Time

Bikes: Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich, Giant NRS 1, Jamis Explorer Beater/Commuter, Peugeot converted single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Darwin
We made our money the old fashioned way...

... FRAUD.

EDIT: Our mileage reports have different categories for personal auto, personal plane etc... there is no flat rate for mileage, it is reimbursement for expenses incurred, and there is a specific amount for cars and other specific modes to save people from having to prove expenses.
So it sounds like your system is much more flexible. How would one submit bike related expenses in your system?

I do not condone fraud as defined by misleading a party to unjustly attain something you do not deserve. But, when it comes down to it...justice trumps complete transparency for me when having to deal with a system that will unjustly leave you in the red for their own benefit.

The downside to that is that it leaves me and me alone to decide what is just. But, such are the risks inherent with an unflexible system. I had a business mentor once who always told me..."if you hose your employees in any way, they will ALWAYS take it back from you in any way they can (be that office supplies, expense reports, time goofing off, whatever). So if you decide to be unjust, you cannot be suprised when employees take actions to correct the injustice on their own.

Last edited by Sawtooth; 03-03-09 at 11:09 AM.