Old 03-05-09, 10:13 PM
td.tony

Bikes: CAAD9 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by franknstein
I just picked up an E3 Form for $35 from Performance after hearing so many great things about it.

Haven't ridden it yet but I will report back after the weekend.
please do.

well since a lot of people actually seem to like the ponza saddle, nashbar has then for $25. http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...200413__200413

Originally Posted by carleton
Also, don't buy into the Brooks hype. Understand that you have to spend HUNDREDS of man-hours in that saddle and moisturizing it to break it in just like some baseball gloves. Yes, once you get it done it's yours forever, but it's not worth it to me. 95% of people do it because it's "vintage" and they heard of it here on BF..
Its not hype, and It only took a few hundred miles for me to break my brooks flyer saddle in(probably around 200-300). For me, it was probably the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden, and it was only getting better with more miles. Although I must say, I think a lot of fixed gear/SS riders mistakenly put brooks B17's on their track bikes with their saddle height way taller than their handle bars, and the brooks definitely isn't made for that. Although the brooks team saddle is.